Leaf certification guarantees that we bring you food grown by farmers who care about the environment, protecting and enhancing the countryside and promoting sustainable farming methods.
- Leaf certification: 100% of raw materials used in the UK come from certified farmers (UK, Spain, France)
- Soil protection: We incorporate organic matter into our soil
Raw Material Growing – Care for the earth
- Biodiversity: As part of the leaf certification, we encourage wild life in farms
- Greenhouse: Our supplier in the UK, Angflor captures rain water to reuse for tunnel irrigation
- We follow the sun: We follow the sun all year round in order to bring our consumers the freshest, tastiest salad leaves from our farms in France, Spain and the UK
- Moore’s farm in Isle of Axholme: One of our key beetroot suppliers for our Axgro site in Scunthorpe, they re-use waste beetroot product as fertiliser to enrich the soil and grow more tasty beets
- Green waste: We send all production waste back to our local farmers which they use to feed livestock
Transformation of Raw Material
- Ultra-Sonic Sealing to keep our salad fresher for longer and reduce film waste
- No Preservatives
Clean Dry Safe
Our Initiative to ensure a safe working environment and reduce both product and water loss by working in a lean, effective way.
Results (since implemented):
- Zero slips and trips.
- 44 tonnes of waste saved
- 95 million litres of water saved
Restricted on site car parking and a limited number of cars allowed onto our Lichfield site.
Complimentary door to door minibus service to facilitate our employees’ journey to and from work to help reduce our gas emissions.
In order to reduce our CO2 emissions during our import season we have worked with an innovative freight forwarder to reduce road miles by utilising ferry routes from Spain rather than driving the full distance to the channel, this routing emits 55% less CO2 than traditional routes from Spain.
Crop & Go
With the aim of reducing emissions, we maximise our supply chain to ensure that delivery trucks are rarely travelling with an empty load, completing numerous deliveries and collections during a single journey.
Food waste contributes significantly to deforestation and global warming – the more food wasted, the more food packaging wasted. We are working hard to reduce food waste, not only in our factories but also by educating our consumers.