- 1 Beef Tomato
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp of Finely Chopped Parsley
- ½ Red Onion (finely sliced)
- ½ Red Chilli (finely cubed)
- 4 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Large Handful of Florette Rocket (roughly chopped)
- 2 Large Roasting Potatoes
- 2 Thick Sirloin Steaks
- Preheat oven to 200. Slice the potato into thick wedges (skin on) and roast in the oven with a drizzle of oil and sea salt for 30 – 40 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Turn occasionally until crisp all over.
- Once the potatoes are nearly ready, season the steaks on both sides. Heat up a little vegetable oil in a hot pan and fry each steak on both sides for 1.5 -2 minutes until caramelised. A standard steak would be medium rare at this point. Cook for less or more time depending on how thick your steak is and the desired wellness you would like it.
- Allow the steak to rest for 1 minute. Meanwhile, cut the avocado and tomato into irregular chunks and mix together in a bowl with the rest of the salsa ingredients. Season.
- Slice the steak into thick pieces and combine with the salsa, which will instantly flavour the steak.
- Serve alongside a jenga-style stack of wedges.
Recipe by Alison Thackery
Recipe by Lunch BXD