A beautiful autumnal salad. Perfect as a vegetarian lunch or a refreshing accompaniment to roast chicken.
- 80g Wild Rice
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Beetroot
- Half a Bag of Baby Kale
- A Handful of Coriander and Parsley (stalks removed and roughly chopped)
- One Pomegranate, Seeded (cut in half and bash with a rolling pin catching the seeds in your hand)
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- 1 Handful of Toasted, Roughly Crushed Hazelnuts
- 2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 4 tsp Rapeseed Oil – whisked together
- Add the wild rice to a pan of boiling, salted water and cook as per packet instructions until al dente. Rinse well.
- Using a peeler, slice the courgette into long strips length ways on four sides discarding the seedy, watery centre. Place into a bowl and mix with a squeeze of lemon to prevent it from browning.
- Do the same with the carrot, discarding the outer skin and adding to the same bowl.
- Repeat with the beetroot, peeling in lengths around the circumference if possible, otherwise into shorter, thicker shards.
- Mix everything together and season well. Garnish with a few pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts