Beetroot gnocchi with a sage & pistachio brown butter, perfect for entertaining or a fancy light lunch.
Prep Time: 40 min
- 150g Florette Naturally Tasty Beetroot
- 2 egg yolks
- large baking potato, baked and cooled slightly
- 240g flour
- 50g butter
- 50g pistachios chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh sage (Leaves left whole/tough stalks chopped finely)
- 1/2 lemon
- Blitz beetroot & egg yolks in a blender/processor to make a smoothie-like consistency.
- Peel and mash the potato using a ricer or a box grater.
- Mix the beetroot into the potatoes till smooth and incorporated.
- Fold in half the flour until the dough starts to come together. Now get your hands dirty & continue to add the flour until its not soo sticky that it sticks more to your hand than not.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until its a smooth dough.
- Divide into 6 portions. Roll a dough portion into a ½-inch thick rope. Cut the rope into 1inch pieces. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- If you are feeling fancy roll each piece of gnocchi over the tines of a fork to create ridges.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat, drop 8-10 gnocchi into the water and cook until they begin to float. Then transfer from the water with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside.
- In a medium pan, melt your butter until just beginning to bubble. Add the chopped sage stalks cook till softened. Then add the sage leaves & gnocchi and toss. Cook for about a minute, add the pistachios then toss/stir again. Finish with a squeeze of lemon just & some of the zest.
- Plate and enjoy!