- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 2 grated cooked beetroots
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Twist Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Tsp maple syrup
- 50g Feta
- Add the flour and other dry ingredients in a bowl, make a well in the middle and add the olive oil.
- Grate in the beetroot, mix then gradually pour in the water, mixing with a spoon or whisk, until you have a batter like consistency.
- Heat a small/pancake pan until very hot then spoon the mixture a ladle full at a time into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until the underside is firm. Carefully flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute or so until the pancakes are cooked through and slightly golden. Repeat
- Caramelise the walnuts by adding the coconut oil, maple syrup to a small pan and heating on a low heat until everything combines. Add in the nuts and toss thoroughly so that they are well coated.
- Remove from the pan and top with caramelised walnuts and crumbled feta.