- 200g dark chocolate (70% Cocao solids)
- 4 cooked beetroots drained
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 200g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp cocao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 100g walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Then line your baking tray with baking paper and grease with a little rapeseed oil.
- Melt the chocolate with the oil in a saucepan very gently. Mix together.
- Add the beetroot to your food processor and blitz to a paste then add in the chocolate, and oil and eggs.
- Blitz again to combine.
- Finally add in the sugar, almonds, cacao, baking powder and salt and whiz again until you get a batter.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the tray and smooth down. Bake for 30 minutes then rest for 10 minutes to cool down before slicing.