Impress your guests with this comforting autumnal showstopper
Prep Time: 40 min
- 1 bag of Florette Wild Rocket salad
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 850g butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 fennel, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 400g risotto rice (arborio)
- 125ml glass white wine
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp sage, freshly chopped
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring stock to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Add onion, stirring until beginning to soften. Stir in squash, fennel, 10g butter and garlic. Cook until squash is soft, about 6 mins. Season.
- Add rice and remaining butter, stirring quickly. Cook until the grains are well-coated, about 2 mins. Add wine and cook until mostly absorbed.
- Add a ladle of stock at a time, stirring the rice over a low heat until it has mostly absorbed liquid.
- Stir often until rice is al dente and creamy, about 25 mins. Stir in Parmesan, parsley and sage, then season.
- Portion the risotto into 6 bowls, sprinkle with extra grated Parmesan and finish with a handful of Florette Wild Rocket leaves on top.