- 3⁄4 bag of Florette Peppercress (blitzed in a food processor)
- 2 Red Chillies (+ half the seeds for a subtle kick or all the seeds for more spice)
- 180g Unsalted Butter
- 280g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Plain Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 275g Caster Sugar
- Heat oven to 180 C and line a small high-sided baking tray with baking parchment. Grease with butter or oil.
- Melt 280g dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water and place to one side off the heat until completely cooled but still melted.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and tip in the caster sugar. Mix with a whisk until pale and creamy.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mix over the creamy egg mix and fold together. Sift over the flour and cocoa powder and fold in. Stir through the chips, chilli and peppercress.
- Pour the mixture onto your lined tray and bake for 20 – 30 minutes until just set but gooey in the middle (test by wobbling the tray or inserting a skewer which should come out only slightly wet)
- Leave in the tin until just cooled before cutting so that the chips remain melted and gooey (although they are equally nice hard out of the fridge!)
Recipe by Lara Holland
Recipe by Lunch BXD