- 400g Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into medium chunks)
- 3 tbsp Massaman Curry Paste
- 1 Small Bunch of Fresh Coriander (leaves picked and stalks finely chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (finely sliced)
- 2cm Piece of Peeled Fresh Root Ginger (finely grated)
- 400ml Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Lime (zested and juiced)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 White Onions (finely sliced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (finely sliced)
- 2 Green and 2 Yellow Peppers (chopped into large irregular chunks)
- 300g New Potatoes
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach (roughly chopped)
- 2 Handfuls of Rocket (roughly chopped)
- 1 Handful of Unsalted Toasted Cashews or Peanuts (roughly chopped to serve)
- Gently fry the onion, garlic, coriander stalks and ginger with a little salt and 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pan or wok until very soft.
- In a medium pan, boil the new potatoes in salted water until just under cooked in the centre. Drain, half, and leave to one side.
- Add the curry paste to the onions and turn up the heat for a few minutes until the mixture browns.
- Add the peppers and continue to fry for a minute or two. Add the chicken until just browning, followed by the fish sauce, honey, lime and lime leaves, chilli, potatoes and coconut milk.
- Allow the curry to very gently bubble away for 8 – 10 minutes at a low heat until the chicken, peppers & potato are cooked through.
- Stir through the rocket and spinach so they just begin to wilt & serve with a sprinkle of coriander leaves and handful of nuts.
Recipe by Sam Soulsby
Recipe by Lunch BXD