Learn how to make a juicy harissa roast chicken salad with a delicious couscous and roasted vegetable side. Served with a refreshingly sweet salad dressing.
Harissa Roast Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 Bag of Florette Sweet Crispy salad
- 2 Skin on chicken breasts
- 1/4 Jar of harissa paste
- Olive oil
- 150g Cooked whole-wheat giant couscous
- 150g Red and white quinoa
- 1 Red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 Courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 Small aubergine, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Small clove of galic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 2 Pinches of sumac
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put 1/4 jar of harissa paste under the skin of each chicken breast and marinate for 2 hours.
- Mix the peppers, courgette, aubergine and onion with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for approx. 15 mins so the veg is just cooked and coloured lightly. Leave to cool.
- Heat oil for frying and cook chicken breasts skin side down, for approx. 2 mins on each side. Then transfer to the oven for approx. 15 mins so skin is crispy.
- Whilst chicken is cooking, make dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl except for the oil. Then slowly add oil, whisking all the time. Season.
- In a large bowl, mix the couscous, quinoa and roasted veg gently together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place salad on a plate with sliced chicken, couscous and drizzle with dressing.