A satisfying dish – perfect for dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour to chill
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients• 1 bag of Florette Classic Crispy Salad
• 225g hot smoked salmon, flaked
• 150g cold mashed potatoes
• A pinch of cayenne pepper
• 4 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
• Salt and pepper
• 3 tbsp plain flour
• 1 free range egg beaten
• 50g coarse breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
• 4 large white potatoes, washed, dried and cut into finger thick chips
• Oil for deep frying
• 100g mayonnaise
• Lemon wedges to serve
Method• Mix together the salmon, mashed potato, cayenne pepper, 1/2 the dill and seasoning.
• With damp hands divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, pressing each one firmly into a fishcake before chilling for 30 minutes.
• Dip each fishcake into the flour, then egg then the breadcrumbs to coat. Chill for 30 minutes
• Heat the oil for deep frying to 140C, then carefully add the chips, you may need to do this in several batches as you mustn’t over crowd the pan.
• Cook for 8 minutes then drain thoroughly and allow to cool for 10minutes.
• Heat the oil for the fishcakes in a large frying pan over a moderate heat and then for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and piping hot through out.
• Increase the chip oil temperature to 175C and cook the chips until golden brown and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper before serving.
• Stir the remaining dill through the mayonnaise.
• Serve the fishcakes with the dill mayo and Florette Classic Crispy Salad, chips and lemon wedges for squeezing.