A tasty colourful dish – perfect all year round.
Prep Time: 45min (including cooking and cooling time)
- 1kg plum tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 340g ciabatta or rustic sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs (of your choice) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Season tomatoes with salt in a colander set over a bowl, then set aside at room temperature to drain, tossing occasionally.
- Toast the bread.
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 15 mins. Let cool.
- Mix tomatoes with shallot, garlic, mustard and vinegar in a bowl with the tomato juice collected from the bowl that drained out earlier.
- Whisking constantly, drizzle in 120ml olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine toasted bread, tomatoes, and dressing in a large bowl. Toss everything to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Let rest for 30 mins before serving.
- Sprinkle with the fresh herbs on top to serve