A great way to use up leftover roast chicken or cooked pasta, and liven up your lunchbox. We like fresh green pesto from the chiller cabinet but you can use pesto from a jar if you like.
- 2 handfuls Florette Classic Crispy
- 150g wholewheat pasta
- 4 x baby courgettes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 150g cooked chicken, torn or cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan and add the courgette slices, without any oil. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden then set aside. Toast the pine nuts in the same pan for a minute or two, being careful not to let them burn.
- Place the pasta into a bowl with the courgettes and pine nuts. Add the chicken and the pesto and stir to combine. Transfer to a lunchbox with the salad leaves on the side. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.