- 1 White Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Courgettes
- 2 Handfuls of Peppercress
- 850ml Vegetable Stock
- 150g Ricotta
- ½ Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into rough strips, removing the seeds. Spread out on a baking tray and mix through a splash of vegetable oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Peel the red onion, chop into medium-sized chunks and chop the garlic finely. Spread out on another baking tray and again lightly coat in vegetable oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake both trays for 30 – 45 minutes in the preheated oven, turning regularly until cooked through and the squash is slightly browning.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, generously cover the quinoa with salted boiling water in a large pan and let it bubble away over a medium heat as per cooking instructions on the box (around 15 – 20 minutes). Check by tasting the quinoa, it should have grown in size and still have a little crunch. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Finely chop the soft herbs and very roughly chop the peppercress. In a large bowl combine the herbs, peppercress, squash, onion and quinoa.
- Pour over the honey, lemon and oil, season generously and give the salad a good mix.
- Finally, crumble over the feta and serve on a plate.