- 150g Caster Sugar
- 225ml Double Cream
- 150ml Semi-skimmed Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ tsp Maldon Sea Salt
- 1 handful of Chopped Toasted Cashews
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 1 bag of Florette Leafy Rocket
Rocket Sugar Syrup
- Blitz 1 large handful of rocket in a food processor with the zest of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Dissolve 100g caster sugar in 200g water in a pan over a low heat.
- Turn up the heat and allow the mixture to become very syrupy. Stir through the blitzed rocket & lemon to taste. Leave to one side.
- When you are ready to serve, simply heat the mixture gently until syrupy again.
- Put 130g of the caster sugar in a clean pan and heat over a medium hob until it begins to melt. Shake the pan to move around the sugar but don’t stir it. If the sugar sticks to the sides, brush it down into the centre with a wet pastry brush. Once all melted, allow the mixture to heat and bubble until it becomes a deep caramel colour.
- Take off the heat and pour in the double cream and stir until well combined followed by the milk. If it sticks to the spoon too much or becomes lumpy, simply place over a gentle heat until melted. Leave to one side to cool slightly.
- Mix the egg yolks with the remaining 20g sugar in a bowl. Pour over the slightly cooled caramel, honey & salt and mix well and then sieve into a tuppawear ready to chill.
Chill over night, taking out at least twice to mix up with a fork or spoon. On the first removal from the freezer mix through the crushed cashews. Serve the ice cream with a drizzle of rocket syrup on top!
Recipe by Phil Franks
Recipe by Lunch BXD