An exciting dish – perfect for any occasion
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 bag of Florette Rainbow salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp chipotle chilli paste
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 small soft tacos
- Guacamole or sour cream to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick flameproof casserole dish or saucepan. Fry the onions with a pinch of salt for 10 mins, or until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 min more. Tip in the chipotle paste, tomatoes and sugar with half a can of water. Sit the chicken thighs in the sauce. Bring to a low simmer and cook, covered, for 20-25 mins, stirring often, until the liquid has reduced slightly, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir it back through the sauce. Season to taste. If the sauce is too thin, return to the heat
- To assemble, place Rainbow salad and pulled chicken in a taco. Top with your choice of guacamole and/ or sour cream then serve.