A hearty veggie dish – perfect for lunch or dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
• 1 bag
• 1 medium Butternut Squash, approx 1.2kg
• 1 tbsp Olive Oil
• 2 onions, chopped
• 100g Greek Feta
• 4 tbsp Single Cream
• 2 tsp red chilli flakes (or another red ingredient to add colour e.g. chopped sundried tomatoes)
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Halve the squash widthways to separate the seeded end from the fleshy end. (Reserve the fleshy end for another recipe.) Halve the seeded end and scoop out the seeds. Use the tip of a sharp knife to pierce the flesh all over, then microwave the squash on full power for 8 minutes. Position them, cut sides face up, in a small roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil, season and roast for 20 minutes.
2. While cooking, heat the remaining oil in a small pan and gently fry the onions for 5 minutes until soft and beginning to colour. Crumble the feta into the onions.
3. Pile the stuffing into the squash cavities and drizzle with the cream. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the red chilli flakes and serve with the Florette Baby Leaf Trio Salad.