- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Red Chilli (deseeded and sliced)
- 1 tbsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 500g Potatoes (Scrubbed and Cut into Chunks)
- 1 Bag of Florette Spinach Leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat, until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add the potato to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and stir until it wilts into the mixture. Season the saag aloo with salt and serve.