- 100g Caster Sugar
- 200ml Water
- 2 Cucumbers
- 6 Mint Leaves
- 2 Limes
- 1 Handful of Rocket
- 1 Pomegranate (halved and deseeded by either picking out with a spoon or holding half face down and gently hitting the top with a rolling pin so the seeds pop out into your hand)
- Heat the sugar over a low heat in the water in a clean saucepan until dissolved and then turn up the heat and allow the mixture to bubble away until syrupy (check by seeing how it runs off a spoon).
- Leave to one side to cool.
- Halve the cucumbers lengthways and scoop out the watery centre with a spoon. Roughly chop.
- Blend the cucumbers, lime juice, rocket, mint and sugar syrup in a food processor. Let the blade run for 5 minutes until completely smooth.
- Place in a tightly fitted airtight container and place into the freezer over night. At least twice before you want to eat the granita, take it out of the freezer and allow to warm just enough so you can bash it up with a fork before returning to the freezer until ready to serve. This gets rid of any big ice crystals.
- Serve as a palete cleanser, amuse bouche or light dessert with a few pomegranate seeds on top to garnish.
Recipe by Sophie Mayer
Recipe by Lunch BXD