- 40g Butter
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 400ml Whole Milk
- 2 Bags of Florette PepperCress (roughly chopped)
- 75ml Double Cream
- Heat the butter in a large pan over a medium-low heat and add the onion. Season and cook gently until the onion is soft, but not coloured.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further minute.
- Gradually stir in the milk and 250ml of water. Bring to just below the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of iced water. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and plunge in the PepperCress to wilt, reserving a few leaves to garnish. Tip the leaves out into a colander, and then into the iced water.
- Squeeze the cooled PepperCress out and add to the pan. Puree the whole lot thoroughly, add the cream and season to taste.